Re: [TowerTalk] UST HDX589 crank-up tower base on rock?

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST HDX589 crank-up tower base on rock?
From: Joe - WD0M <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:48:55 -0700
Hi Ian,

Sounds like a very reasonable way to proceed.  I
doubt you'll have a big problem using the epoxy
approach.  I used a material called "Rockite" - a
cement product used to locate heavy machinery on
concrete floors - to put my re-bar in place in
the holes I drilled into the bedrock for the
tower base.  It worked very well.  Not sure of
its availability in Scotland, though.  Your
problem sounds like what I experienced with my
tower installation.  You can see how I did it at:

http://home.centurytel.net/WD0M/

Click on Ham Radio, then Tower Project.  We just
had a major wind storm last night - 50 mph plus -
and the tower still stands, no problem.  It's
been up for about two years, and we've had winds
over 70 mph here in the Rocky Mountains.  Your
verticals should stand up with no problems by proceeding as you planned.

73/Cheers,

Joe
WDØM