[TowerTalk] LMR-600 UHF-males

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR-600 UHF-males
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:07:18 -0700
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:42:12 -0400
From: Stephen Davis <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR 600 Water-proof Feed Thrus (+ H20 proof'g)
DAVIS RF Response
Hi Guys,

Some observations:
Another observation:  One contributor questions what feed thrus are available
for LMR 600 size cable.   LMR 600 can be terminated with UHF, N's or DIN males
and suitable female/female feedthru "barrel" adaptors , or flange mount females
can be obtained for each type connector (without checking, the DIN flange
mounts might be difficult but if out there, I'd supply them).

  Lastly: using adaptors:  female to female barrels, male to female, right
angles, between series adaptors (such as N's to UHF's), etc  etc:  Don't fear
the old addage that adaptors increase your cable losses or cause adverse
impedance bumps.  If good quality, as we sell, the max. insertion loss will be
only .200 dB AT THE MAX  MUF for the type connector (UHF MUF is 300 MHz and N's
(most common) are 6 GHz, and the insertion loss to freqcy is linear, so
particularly at HF, the insertion loss is miniscule.

Note:  UHF males for LMR-600 are quite expensive.  Better to use N males and an
adaptor to UHF male.

##  Just what is the deal with the pricing on LMR-600  male  UHF connector's
???    Does anybody besides Times-microwave even make  a uhf male  for
LMR-600/600UF  ??     I just looked, and the price for 600 male uhf connectors
 is just insane.    You can buy  7-16 dins  for  1/3 the price.   What gives ?

## Some where, buried in my basement, I have at least 2 x doz+  new LMR-600
uhf males..and I'll be dipped if I can find them.   I'm still looking.  They
used to be very reasonable at one time.

##  I also noticed that the price of  Times Microwave   7-16 male dins  for
LMR-1200DB  has skyrocketed in the last few years.   [and those are made in
Brazil]

later... Jim   VE7RF

I hope this is of some help,
73,   Steve ,  K1PEK,

DAVIS RF Co.,  Div. of Orion Wire Co., Inc.