[TowerTalk] Coax standoffs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax standoffs
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:43:38 -0800 (PST)
Fellow Tower Talkians:

Does anyone know if the coax standoffs of different crank up tower
manufacturers will work on other brand towers?

I bought a set of C0-3 standoffs from Tashjian Towers a while back and
apparently they sent me the wrong size since all of them are too big for my W51
crankup.  After initally agreeing to replace them weeks before the Visalia DX
Convention, they are now refusing, stating I "never" bought them from Tashjian.
 Its funny that I "never bought them" from Tashjian, because I bought an extra
W51 base at the same time from Tashjian.

>From the previous e-mails it looks like I'm not the only ham who has had
>trouble getting parts or even towers from Tashjian.

I mentioned the problem to a woman at Tashjian's booth at Visalia and they
"promised" to look into the situation when they returned.  But nada, nothing so
far.

I've e-mailed, called, even sent Karl Tashjian a personal letter and so far
since the second e-mail saying I never bought them from Tashjian, they have
refused to answer my e-mails, a couple letters, and even phone calls that keep
getting routed to voice mailboxes, even Karl Tashjian's supposed cell phone.

73 de Tom, WW5L