Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Plane Model Problem

To: K0SN <k0sn@czo.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Plane Model Problem
From: w3kl@w3kl.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:15:32 -0800 (PST)
Tom.  I've modeled a 1/4 wave gp with one resonant radial (1/4 wavelength)
using the dimension you provided using NEC4 and it yields an impedance (real
part, at resonance) of 40 ohms. BTW, you didn't specify what diameter conductor
you're using for the radials, so I assumed 1 mm wire.

How many radials are you modeling and what are their lengths (in wavelengths)?
The impedance will decrease as the number of radials increases.

If I use four radials the impedance at resonance is now 35 ohms.

Also, what kind of ground properties do you use with the model?  I used
average ground.

73, Jeff

Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402