Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Fw: 80M Delta Loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Fw: 80M Delta Loop
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 12:21:24 -0700
On 7/25/2024 11:54 AM, Fernando Gonzalez, EC1CT wrote:
After many attemps with verticals and mostly any kind of wire antennas, I stick with an inverted vee at 70ft for 80 meters
and an Inverted L with 4 elevated radials for 160...

Great choices, Fernando. Even with poor ground, a vertical with a good radial system is the best choice for 160M if you can rig it -- almost any horizontal dipole less than 80m high is a low dipole on 160M! When I first moved here in 2006, I rigged both a dipole at 120 ft and the Tee-vertical that I still use. In many A/B comparisons during two seasons, the vertical nearly always won. During daylight hours, I can regularly work good stations to 1,400 km on the vertical, while the dipole never even got a QRZ?

73, Jim K9YC