[TowerTalk] Possible rain soaked coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Possible rain soaked coax
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:22:36 -0800 (PST)
Fellow (and lady) hams:

In installing new more energy efficient windows at our
home QTH in North Texas we had to remove the old
window feed through (made by now out of business
Lambda-Vector Company)and the cables were left
outside, yes I forgot to seal them in plastic or
something else.  Two runs of RG213 and one of 9913.
Any hope of saving them such as cutting off several
feet at the former PL259 that led inside, or should I
scrap the whole thing and just spent the $$$ for new
RG213 and a run of LMR400?  I hope to save some of the
213 and 9913 to use for

Yes I messed up (40 lashes will be administered with a
wet piece of 9913), but things were hectic around here
with the window company. The windows were installed
back in October and we're still fighting with the
window company to correct things such as scratches on
the painted frames, the kitchen window was installed
crooked, the edges of several windows look like
someone took a hammer to them and are so burred up
that my XYL Cheryl (WY5H) actually cut her hand trying
to raise one.

I've since bought an MFJ window feed through (sure
wish they had more than 3 SO239s feed throughs
installed, maybe 5 or so)since I'm not a fan of twin
lead (oh boy that'll start a discussion I know)and
just waiting for the windows to be fixed before
finally getting everything in order.

I don't want the window company somehow blaming my
coax installation for all of the window problems.

Now whenever I want to make a QSO I raise the window a
few inches and run a new short piece of coax out to
the old and use a barrel connector to tie them
together.

Tom, WW5L