Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 load question

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 load question
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@va.gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:05:26 -0500
Hi,

I was told NOT to guy that tower as it would put undue stress on the
tower as it is designed to not be guyed - but I can't remember who told
me that - I *think* it was someone at US Towers - but it may have been
Texas Towers.

Gary, N5PHT

From: K7LXC@aol.com [mailto:K7LXC@aol.com]

>  you will most likely not install both beams at one level.
When one will be stacked above the other you cannot just add the wind
loads.
The upper one puts much more bending force on the tower then the lower
one.
You probably have to lower it during high winds or support it with
guying.

        Guying it won't be helpful. You can only guy the bottom section
but
the failure point will be in the un-guyed upper 1/3 or so of the tower,
not
the bottom section.

Cheers,

Steve      K7LXC