Re: [TowerTalk] towers in dirt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] towers in dirt
From: "Taylor Jim-CJT001" <cjt001@motorolasolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:48:29 -0400
 EZ-Way Towers had what they called a "Wonder Pole", and would support
several tower heights up to about 70 ft. It was basically a HSS pipe
buried with the back fill. No cement required. Diameter of the support
pipe varied with tower height similar to power poles.

Power and Telco utility poles are essentially what is being described as
well. They have a standard that says 10% of the total height, plus 2
feet is buried. This can include stand alone poles they use for there
communications antenna support structures.

Regards,

Jim Taylor
WB8HMD