Re: [TowerTalk] ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:26:59 -0700
If that's the case, why bother with the rods at all?  Just lay *a lot* of
copper strap in a trench as deep as practical and call it good?  2" wide strap
is the same as the circumference of a 5/8" ground rod, but has twice the
surface area because there are two sides to the strap.

Chris
KF7P

On Nov 12, 2012, at 16:10 , n8de@thepoint.net wrote:

Ground rods  to NOT have to be driven VERTICALLY DOWNWARD ... just INTO the
soil.
73
Don
N8DE