[TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Surveying Tools?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 9 16:38:45 2003
In a message dated 6/8/03 1:28:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rich@n7tr.com
writes:

> Wondering what everyone is using out there as the "Poor Man's" Transit?
>  Installing several towers and wondering what's being used to verify Guy
>  anchors are 120 degrees from each other from the base point.

    The easiest thing to do is to stand a section in the spot where the base
is going to go. Aim the legs in the directions where you want the anchors to
go. Look thru the face to the opposite leg and that'll show you where the
anchor goes. Measure from the leg the distance you want and start digging.

    This method is handy to put the anchors where you want when you've got
terrain or vegetation challenges. Just rotate the tower until you've got the
anchors where you want them. By definition they'll be 120 degrees apart.

    I won't discourage use of a transit but this method works FB for me.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -