[TowerTalk] tensioning guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tensioning guys
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:59:27 EDT

> The mast looks quite sturdy in a 35MPH wind, and I'm sure the guys are not
>  so tight as to risk their breakage or compression damage to the mast. I
>  tried to make the tension as equal as possible, but it's hard to know. Does
>  anyone know of any measureing devices or "rules of thumb I can use to set
my
>  mind at ease about this.

     It sounds like the snubbers take care of the tension. The reason you
can't use the Loos is that the tension is probably too low to be measured
plus they don't measure 1/8th inch cables. I found that until you start
approaching the 10% guy tension, the readings don't mean much anyway. I'd let
the snubbers do their job and call that good.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products