[TowerTalk] KT34-XA over hall

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34-XA over hall
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:52:46 EDT
In a message dated 99-06-17 16:21:02 EDT, MARKV@SNC-LAVALIN.COM writes:

> 2. I have an upgrade kit for it. There is a CONDUCTIVE paste (by parts
>  list description) comes with it. So, last night I've put my FLUKE's
>  probes into it and it is NOT CONDUCTIVE!!! Yes, the mode switch was in
>  the position to measure R. Any ideas why?

    Yep. The main ingredient is the vehicle which is the paste part of it
that holds the metallic particles in suspension. Current anti-oxidant pastes
use molybdemum, petroleum or other materials. These are non-conductive.

     The metallic particles in suspension are what pierce the outer oxidized
layer under compression to actually do the conducting. These particles are
commonly  copper or zinc.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC