[TowerTalk] Sources needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sources needed
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:57:00 -0400
Hi guys,

Am looking for sources of the following items and frankly have no
idea where to find them in consumer-quantities (or at all):

* Mix-31 torroids and snap-ons (assorted sizes). Fair-rite's
distributors for the region are interested in corporate sales, not
homeowner/ham quantities.

* Cadweld one-shot supplies (does RFC still deal with Cadweld?)
Anybody know where to get an ignitor for less than $150 or to rent
one? Will need to do about 10 connections, tops, and will probably
never need it again. If in NJ/NYC metro area, will trade steaks,
liquid refreshment and cameraderie for an afternoon loan of said
ignitor and a helping hand for a newbie Cadwelder <grin>.

* Pressure-lubricant for crank-up tower cable -- Is PreLube 6 still
the lube of choice? I think I recall that Champion Radio products is
the vendor but I could be mistaken.

* Hoffman exterior box, to replace the cracked control box on my LM-470 tower.

* One of my LM-470 tower control relays is burned out - any ideas on
part numbers without disassembling this for the moment?

Also, what's a fair price today for 2" copper strapping, in 50 or 100' rolls?

Also, anybody have a thought or two on my radial question I posted a
couple of days ago (needing to erect an inverted-L and SteppIR BiggIR
vertical, each requiring radials - how to configure these and tie in
to lightning ground, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Peter,