[TowerTalk] small antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] small antennas
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:53:38 -0400

>If you want a SteppIr, get the SteppIr!  It's pay me now or pay me later
>and the SteppIr is a great antenna so far!
>
>The only other two choices for a small beam would be the following
>(IMHO)
>
>1.  M2 KT34M2
>http://www.m2inc.com/products/kt/kt34/kt34m2.html
>
>2.  Force 12 C-3SS (or any other C-3 based on your requirements)
>http://force12inc.com/F12-specs-c-r1-0.htm
>
>I'd run from the older designs of the Mosley and especially CushCrap!

Well, IMHO, I think the Cushcraft A4 would be a good choice of
antenna. I have been using CC antennas for 30 plus years and have yet
to have had a problem with one. My only failure was when my tower
came down in a micro-burst. For some reason, meeting an oak tree on
the way down destroyed the following CC antennas: X7, 5 el 6m and 19
el 2m. Darn <grin>

Regarding the SteppIR, I do agree that its a good choice and worth
seriously considering for what you are proposing.

Good luck!

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209