[TowerTalk] Tilt-over Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilt-over Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:48:10 EST
In a message dated 3/17/01 1:32:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
alsopb@gloryroad.net writes:

> How many of you have experienced 10 years without a failure?

    IMO that's a basic tower/antenna construction goal.

>  How many of you would be satisfied with the same antenna for 10 years?

    I've had the same antennas up for almost 20 years.

>  My experience is much different.  Rotors fail frequently.

    Well, you're right. I didn't make the comment about the rotators since
they rarely makite for ten years. My experience has been 6-7 years typically.
But if all you have to do is a rotator swap in ten years, that's not a bad
deal.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech