Re: [TowerTalk] what can go wrong with a Bencher YA-1 low pass filter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what can go wrong with a Bencher YA-1 low pass filter
From: "Marc Tessier - VE3TES" <ve3tes@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:35:39 -0500
Mine went south last winter during an ice build up on one of my dipoles. Inside
you will find wire wound coils and caps made up of Formica discs and Teflon
material as well. I was able to obtain a complete set of replacement discs from
Bencher, only problem is they did not provide me with the re-assembly
information...

Mine was so badly damaged it was next to impossible to know which went where,,,

Hope this helps out !!!

In the middle of SS this afternoon, started to get very high swr on
transmit, although receive signals seemed fine, after trying different
jumpers, etc, isolated it to the Bencher low pass filter....unit is riveted,
are there any serviceable parts inside? What can go wrong?

Regards,

Marc Tessier - VE3TES

ve3tes@cogeco.ca
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes/