[TowerTalk] Cable replacement MA-40

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable replacement MA-40
From: Allan Koenigsberg <ae2j36@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:32:02 -0500
The cable on my MA-40 shows significant rust.  I intend to replace it this
spring, as well as do some preventive maintenance on my 3 element Steppir.
US Tower sells the cable for $99 plus shipping.  I am seeking advice on this
project, as I have never done this kind of work before, and would like to be
prepared.

Is the cable offered by US Tower the best choice?

What is involved in attaching the cable to the interior of the mast?

Are there any special precautions I need to take?  I intend to do this job
with the assistance of a local handyman, who has extensive experience with
various issues of home maintenance.  He has never worked on towers or
antennas.

-Allan AE2J