Re: [TowerTalk] ladder safety

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ladder safety
From: Tearlach Sinclair <dragonsong@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:38:30 -0800 (PST)
My son was working in a shipyard that is very safety oriented. They had a
workshop/meeting on ladder safety and then went to work. My son left the
meeting and promptly climbed up  and sat on the top step of a ladder.  He was
called down from that perch and escorted off the property. He began looking for
new work the next day.
Ladder safety is just as important as tower safety, perhaps more so as we all
know to belt in and climb safe on the tower but get stupid when we climb a
ladder.  Most ladder accidents occur from operator error rather than from
defect. A ladder will kill you just as dead as a tower will, you might have a
better looking corpse from a ladder fall than a tower fall.
Tearlach
w8sco

There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.