Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor on the verge of failure?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, dxdx@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor on the verge of failure?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:38:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/2010 4:31:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I have a Yaesu 1000 antenna rotor that seems to be  making a bit more
noise than usual. It creeks a bit as the wind moves the  antennas around.
I recorded some video while on the tower today and was  wondering if
anyone could tell me if the noise is normal wear and tear or  if it's on
the verge of failure? The rotor is only few years  old.

        When does it CREAK? Just  sitting there in the wind? Moving? All
the time? One direction and not the  other?

        Creaking while the wind  blows doesn't indicate any problem as far
as I'm concerned- just a typical  working tower noise. If it works normally
other than that, I'd ignore it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -