Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Woes

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Woes
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 13:35:20 -0800
The company's definition of success is that the unit doesn't fail destructively -- that is, overheat and destroy itself. Perfect as a business philosophy if the only test instrument your customer owns is an SWR meter and maybe an antenna analyzer. The problem is that their primary effect is to transfer dollars from the buyer to the seller.

I don't sell anything, and have no relationships with anyone who does. My own designs, based on extensive research and lab work and published for free, are vastly superior to any commercial products I know of and easy to build.

73, Jim K9YC

On 12/8/2019 12:50 PM, Doug Renwick wrote:
I use a quite a number of Balun Design baluns and can find no fault with
them keeping in mind that I have not evaluated them on the bench.
A friend of mine replaced a troublesome Maple Leaf design balun on his OCD
dipole with a Balun Design unit and is pleased with the result.