[TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit
From: Selbrede@aria.edwards.af.mil (Selbrede, Bob W.)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:11:41 -0700
Steve Best wrote:

"Had we implemented an inferior two element solution, most users in the
amateur community may have never noticed. However, that's not the way
Cushcraft operates - period."

Steve's correct.  It's nide to hear that Cushcraft decided not to offer this
add on kit if it wasn't going to perform up to expectations.  I'm sure many
folks would have been looking for performance similar to the 40-2CD out of
the add on kit and they most likely would have been disappointed!

However,

Steve also wrote:

"These statements were made by Art without him or the rest of our
organization being sure that a two element kit would work. I suspect Art had
meant that a two element add on kit was our design goal rather than it being
a promise."

It's not hard for people to get the impression that the X9 would be capable
of being upgraded with a 2 element 40M add on kit when you see it advertised
that way!  Reference the back cover of the July-August issue of the NCJ for
example!

Still, it looks like a nice antenna and it would be well complimented with
the new 40-2CD sitting on top!

73, Bob K6ZZ