[TowerTalk] Sources for Aluminum Plates, Multiconductor cable, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sources for Aluminum Plates, Multiconductor cable, etc.
From: mpride@us.ibm.com (mpride@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:24:57 -0400

Recently discovered a scrap metal location in the Boston area that had 3
conductor plus ground #14 by the pound.  Picked up 500 ft for about $35 along
with 1000 ft. of  4 pair Cat 5 cable (8 wires, #24) for about $10 perfect for
remote relay switching.  Additionally, found all of the remaining pieces of
aluminum plate of varying thickness and dimension to finish off my antenna work
- homebrew all the antennas here!  Bottom line, check around at these scrap
places in your area - found in those industrial areas in the bigger cities, as
well as hidden out in the countryside.  Prices are not bad in most cases.  Have
one locally too, that was not real obvious and they like it that way.  When you
do find one, and they don't happen to have what you need then, let them know
what your looking for and ask to call you when your ship has come in!

If I had gotten there a bit sooner, could have had another 500 ft. of 3/4 inch
75 ohm hardline in perfect condition!  It was all cut up into 2 ft. lengths -
ouch!

Regards,

Mark, K1RX