Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 mast oops

To: "Kurt Cathcart, KR2C" <Kurt@KuhlRoad.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 mast oops
From: "Richard M. Gillingham" <rmoodyg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:49:36 -0400
I'd lower the mast to horizontal and remove the bottom cap.  You should be
able to remove the top mast section from there.
You'll need  a wrench to remove the screws securing the cap and a block of
wood and a hammer to tap the edges of the cap to remove it.  Mark the cap
and mast so you can replace it accurately
Replacing the cap you'll need to accurately align the screw holes and then
don't over tighten them..

Good luck
Gil, W1RG