Re: [TowerTalk] Compression-type PL-259s

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Compression-type PL-259s
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:46:23 -0500
> So far I haven't subjected any to prolonged outdoor use, so I can't
> comment on how "weather proof" they are.

Steve,

I can't either but I recently changed all of my station cabling to RG-400
inside and LMR400 outdoors.   I'm using crimped PL-259 inside only; soldered
PL-259 outdoors.  My fears may be unfounded but I would rather not have to
ask the question during times of poor performance whether the problem is
related to the use of crimped connectors.

Paul, W9AC