[TowerTalk] US Tower RMC-1000

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower RMC-1000
From: CubexCo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:52:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/30/2004 8:38:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Does anyone have a schematic for a US Tower HDX589MDPL control box that
mounts at the base of the tower?  US Towers is ornery and feels they don't
need to supply an instruction manual with parts lists and schematics for
their towers.  So, I wonder if anyone has been lucky enough to get one
somehow, somewhere.

My tower will not crank up.  The raising timer clicks when the local raising
switch is thrown but nothing else happens.  Have checked the fuse (easy) and
thought I would ask here if anyone has a schematic before I attempt to trace
and draw my own.

US Towers could sure make life easier but they don't seem to be willing to
provide the last yard of customer service.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>
======================
Charlie,
I have the same tower, and I do have their control Block diagram and hook up
detail but I had to trace it out the actual schematic. However it is not in a
digital form.

Reading your note I might suggest a few checks.
First there is a main relay that is activated when 115volts is applied to the
panel and the control box is switched to REMOTE.  I am not sure if the relay
you hear is that one or not.

Anyway the first voltage I would check is the output of the main POWER RELAY.
 check if there is 115v to the relay, and that it closes when the REMOTE
switch is thrown, and that there is 115v at the output side of the relay.  It
all
starts here so that is the first check to make.

When selecting the UP or DWN switch (at the tower box) It should take a few
second for the appropriate DELAY timer to click. That action should activate
the appropriate UP or DWN Relay, If the Limit switches are working correctly.

If the UP/DWN relays are working,and the motor doesn't run then you have to
check the voltage at the output of those relays.  They are plug-in, and it
should be easy to find the terminals that feed the motor wires.

Do you have the standard RMC-1000 control box block diagram? If not I could
FAX a copy to you.

Regards,
Norman W4QN