Re: [TowerTalk] ProSistel ring rotators

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ProSistel ring rotators
From: Fred KG9X <fred.kg9x@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2024 13:11:19 -0500
Jon,

    Really appreciate your comments on TT about the RR55.  I have a question about the capability of the RR55.  On the ProSistel page it lists the max weight at 45 kg and max wind area at 1.5 m2.  I have a C31XR JK version antenna on a Rohn 55G at 50'.  It's rated at  110# / 50 kg and 18.6 f2 / 1.73 m2.  These numbers are just a bit outside of their ratings.  In your opinion, do you think their ratings might be a bit conservative and I would be OK with this combination?

    The reason I'm asking is that I have been dealing with a TIC ring that can't seem to handle this antenna in the wind.  I have been in contact with Carl at TIC for nearly a year now asking for a solution.  The motor he uses is too wimpy and the motor and direction indicator gears keep losing contact with the ring making it go out of calibration or give a "no motion" indication on the controller.  He says he has a solution for both issues but nothing has been sent my way.  It's always excuses that he needs a bit more time.  The RR55 looks like a good option.  How responsive is ProSistel to issues and delivery?

    TNX es 73,

        Fred    KG9X