Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Launcher

To: David Jordan <Wa3gin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Launcher
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 08:49:08 -0500
On 2011-12-26, at 8:39 AM, David Jordan wrote:

> This device works great... my good friend K3DPT came over with his this year
> and in minutes we had lines over the tops of the trees at 80ft.  So much
> better than the other methods (bow/sling shot) which are 'very' dangerous...

Hi Guys,

Absolutely AMAZING, isn't it...?

People will go to such great lengths like that to get their wire creations
supported on the wings of one of Mother Nature's "organic towers", whilst guys
on other Reflectors condemn the use of trees as antenna supports due to their
"lossiness"...!

I never could quite wrap my head around the claim that having a wire supported
in a tree is a "...lossy" affair. Indeed, I only wish that my property here had
MORE of them---and far TALLER than the existing ones, too!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ