[TowerTalk] 160m - Sloper vs. Inverted L?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m - Sloper vs. Inverted L?
From: aa4nc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:03:04 -0400
  I am planning on upgrading my 160m antenna (currently an inverted vee at
120'). I'm considering a quarter wave sloping vertical (or inverted L) with 4
elevated radials or a half wave sloper with the top at 120'. The half wave
seems more attractive because it elimiates the need for radials. I'd like to do
a K3LR style "foldback to the tower" sloper but I'm not sure that 120' height
is sufficient.

 I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments on which would work better for my
installation.

 Thanks / 73,

 Will AA4NC/W4MR