To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 63, Issue 16
From: warrenwolff@aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:55:55 -0500
I posted this on AntennaWare.com, but thought I would check here.? I did find
my antenna
books and will study them.

Greetings folks,

I recently moved to Lake Havasu City AZ and was in hopes of a GIANT tower with
OptiBeams, but the new house precipitated a financial disaster on the budget.?
I will
have to wait two years to recover from this.

So, I was wondering what to do in the interim.? Forty meters CW is my favorite
move.
BUT, I am fully aware of the new sunspot cycle and the enhanced operation in
the higher bands.

My initial plan was to just stake out a 40 meter ground plane in the backyard.?
They also
work on 15 meters which would make me pretty happy.

After a little thinking about it, it hit me that there is room for a pair of
phased verticals
pointed end-fire in a NE direction and vice versa.? The question is:? Can I
make a pair of
these work productively on 15 meters, as well?

All of my antenna handbooks are still "hidden" in the dozens of boxes in the
garage.? My
inventory has fallen short; so a physical search for my manuals presents great
obstacles
when I have access to you folks.

Anybody have experience/advice on this matter?

Regards,? Warren; W7WY