[TowerTalk] Fwd: Power Distribution

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Power Distribution
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 08:04:10 -0400
 The idea is to have NEW installations done with three phase. To upgrade an old
is more expensive than it's worth unless you are building that 50 kW station or
installing a major size air-conditioner (A 3-p air-conditioner is more
efficient than a single phase so you may get economy there)

Unfortunately, the utility companies all consider 3-p to be commercial and will
charge a higher rate. Anybe something for the politicians, then they can talk
about it for another 50 years. :-)

Hans - N2JFS