[TowerTalk] 1980s Cushcraft A4

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1980s Cushcraft A4
From: mikflathead@aol.com
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:22:37 -0500

 I acquired a late 70 A4 off a friend late dad. The center of the driven
element is a black insulated material about 2 inches in diameter that the U
bolts mount to the boom. There are two 1/4 20 tapped holes that I assume were
to mount the feed line. As you might have determined I do not have the
instruction manual. Can I use two brass bolts to connect the feed line to? How
are they making connection to the tubing? It evidently worked as this was up
for almost 30 years. Thanks Mike