[TowerTalk] Fwd: >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: >>Ameritron RCS-4 remote switch
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:08:55 -0400 (EDT)
 The "modern, power-saving" wall-warts contain a small, switching (and noisy)
power supply. The "old" once only contain a (high loss) transformer, diodes and
(sometimes) a capacitor. By-the-way, those rectifier diodes does generate some
noise too.

You can easy distinguish the two by plugging them in. The old once get
noticeable warmer.

Hans - N2JFS