[TowerTalk] Universal Freestanding Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Universal Freestanding Tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:15:26 EST
jbattin@starband.net writes:

>  When I was planning on putting up a Universal Tower they
>  could not provide adequate engineering plans for me to
>  obtain a permit in the Seattle area.

    This is a 'normal' situation. Since almost all building departments
require PE (Professional Engineer) stamped plans for that particular state,
not every tower manufacturer can provide YOUR stamped plans. It's easy enough
to get a local PE to do the calcs and drawings for you.

>  US Tower provided great support in this area.

    The PE that does the UST plans is licensed to stamp plans in many states
so it's easy enough for them to provide the service (for several bucks).

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech

Order online at http://store.eham.net.