Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:44:36 -0400
I use a Green Heron control with a pulse indicator on a prop pitch motor and
it works fine though 500 feet of ordinary cable.

John KK9A

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:32:39 -0400

One leg of the circuit is grounded, which would be the shield if using coax.
I did not have the noise problem using unshielded multi conductor cable
until my controller failed and M2 "upgraded" it to the current version.
Without going into the details, none of the fixes they sent me helped.
Some people have reported that the noise is not a problem when using
coax (i.e., W3LPL).
Rather than running another wire, I switched to a Green Heron controller
which makes no noise using the original cable.

Les W2LK