[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor reassembly

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor reassembly
From: Barry Gross <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
I seem to be stuck at the last step of a Ham IV reassembly and would appreciate
any helpful advice.  I've lowered the main assembly into the upside down upper
housing and made sure the potentiometer arm got seated along with the 3 housing
guides.  I've got both bearing retainers with proper side down, etc.  I've
lowered the brake housing into place and lined up the 4 bolt holes after
releasing the brake but there's just a slightly too big gap between the
housings for the bolts to reach across and get threaded.

Is it normal to have to wrestle across a gap between the upper/lower housings?
Any tips appreciated.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU