Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi

To: Jack White <m5pro@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:47:49 -0400
Hi Jack,

Some 30+ years ago VE3CSZ mounted a half wave dipole / inverted "V" atop his
Hy-Gain multi-element rotatable yagi on a 64' tall tower---I thought it was
ingenious at the time...

Zenon had the pipe that the yagi was bolted to EXTENDED UPWARDS well past the
yagi itself: he then---somehow!---affixed a bearing atop this extension, & the
dipole to the bearing. Result: as the beam itself was turned, the dipole / "V"
itself was stationary, being affixed as it was to the outside of the bearing
assembly!

He had the extension up high enough so that the dipole would clear the outer
elements of the yagi as it was steered.

But how he concocted the thing to the bearing is lost upon me, being strictly a
"wire up in the trees" antenna aficiando such as I was at the time...

Rest assured, it CAN be done---and VE3CSZ did it way back when!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ