160M vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 160M vertical
From: GRJOHNSON@VAX1.BEMIDJI.MSUS.EDU (GLENN R. JOHNSON, M.D.)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 22:51:54 -0500 (CDT)
Thought I would check out "Towertalk".

I'm planning on only one tower this summer....hope to put up a
1/4-wave 160M vertical built from Rohn 25.  (I found a very good
deal on one Rohn 25 insulated section)....so thought I would do
the elevated radial thing.  (I've done it for my 80M 4-square, and
it works great there.  I used G-10 fiberglass rod for insulated
bases.)  I have on hand over half of the Rohn 25
sections I need, and I have literally miles of 2100 Philystan I
picked up for pennies when RFE went out of business.

If anyone has built a full-size 1/4-wave Rohn 25 160M vertical,
please email back to me.  I'd like to ask a few questions.

Comments please.

P.S.  Space is no problem.  I have only 6 of my 42 acres planted
with antennas.  I also have a 160M dipole at 140'.

73, Glenn

Glenn R. Johnson, M.D.        email:      grjohnson@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu
Home:  218-243-2611           BBS:        WA0PUJ@K0LAL.#NCMN.MN.USA.NA
FAX:   218-243-2918           Cluster:    WA0PUJ@WA0PUJ (PacketCluster)
Work:  218-759-5000
                                            "Orthopedic Surgeons
WA0PUJ, VO2GJ, VP2EZ, VP5H, ZF2RT            get all the breaks!"