Concrete Curing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Concrete Curing
From: AD7L@aol.com (AD7L@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 00:32:15 -0400
I'm wondering what the proper curing method for a concrete tower base is.  I
have a home "do it yourself" book which claims that concrete should either be
covered with plastic (to hold the moisture in) or burlap which is kept moist
for about 5-7 days.

I haven't in recent history seen any residential concrete work (driveways,
sidewalks,etc.) which has received this type of curing.

The type of tower base I'm interested is 3' X 3' X 4.5' deep for Rohn 45.  It
seems to me that a tower base is much different than a driveway or sidewalk,
and what happens at the surface will have little bearing on the concrete a
foot down.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Ron  AD7L  Hillsboro, Oregon