Re[2]: TENSIONING Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: TENSIONING Phillystran
From: sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 96 15:29:41 cst
Jay wx0b said:

Well that may be their answere now that they are in the dead-end grip
business...BUT I am
sure you remember that 4 years ago they had a BIG revelation and you could
use the
appropriete wire rope cable clip.  That is exactly what the design engineer
/ inventor of
Philly told me when I called him about using wire nuts vs the old potting
methode.  He seems
to be right since my overloaded beast is still up.

I Did use their grips to for the second tower, just because they are
easier.

I just helped replace clamps on Phillystran with the new guy grips for
Phillystran. This was the first time I had taken out clamped Phillystran. I
was ammazed at how the jacket had cold flowed and how low the torque was on
the clamps. I am glad we took them out and I will never use clamps on
Philly again.

de n0yvy steve