Rotor parts...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rotor parts...
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 10:37:13 -0400

>My 16 year old HAM-IV's direction indicator stopped working past East
>recently.  Yesterday, I took the rotor down, and I found that it has a
>break in the potentiometer winding.  My question: Does anyone have
>recommendations on who to contact for replacement parts?  Is HyGain's
>parts department the best choice?

Hi, Drew --

   First of all, congratulations for getting about double the average life
out of a rotator.

   For parts, Hy-Gain is the ONLY source.  Everyone gets their parts from
them.  Call Linda direct at Hy-Gain 402-465-7021 for more info.  You may just
want to pack the thing up and send it to Hy-Gain for factory service.  They
have a flat fee for repairs that includes replacing ANY damaged parts.  For a
few dollars more than the price of the potentiometer, you could have them go
through the whole thing.  They haven't raised their rotator repair prices
since 1983.

73,  Steve  K7LXC