Mosley Pro-96 Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Mosley Pro-96 Antenna
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 12:36:14 -0400

>I am interested in any comments regarding the Mosley Pro-96 antenna.  Has
>anyone out there used this antenna and how does it compare with other
>antennas of the same class.  I would prefer using one antenna on these
>bands rather than two antenna such as the KT34XA plus a 40 mtr beam on the
>same mast.  Dose any one have any comments.

Marcel --

     I have written and presented several times (Dayton, Huntsville and
W9DXCC) a talk called "Building A One Tower Station) that addresses the above
issues.  Send an SASE to TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072, and
I'll send you a copy.

   In the talk I do not recommend the big Mosley antennas.  While they are
robustly built, their patterns, and hence gain and F/B, are 'soft'; that is,
they just don't have the performance that most people want.  On the other
hand, the KT34XA and TH7DX are recognized around the world for their
multi-band performance.  Another option are the new Force 12 antennas, they
have a number of things going for them.  Anyway, read the paper for
additional info.

73,  Steve  K7LXC