Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 09:53:37 -0500

>Been looking at the new Antennas (Cushcraft R7000 or Hygain Dx77)
>as a second Antenna and don't have room for any radials.
>Any pros or cons?  Plan on mounting about 8 to 12 feet above gnd.

      What are you using now?  For my moneysworth, I'd put up some dipoles -
much more efficient.

      BTW, have you considered the Force 12 ZR3?  This is a new design that
is basically full-sized vertical dipoles for 10-15-20M that are bent in order
to give them a compact design.  No traps so it's over 90% efficient (unlike
trapped verticals), gives you maximum bandwidth (unlike trapped verticals)
and really DOESN'T have to have any radials (unlike trapped verticals).  Let
me know if you need a Force 12 catalog.  Yes, TOWER TECH is a Force 12
dealer.

73,  Steve  K7LXC