New Tower and Beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: New Tower and Beam
From: johns@in.net (John Scott)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:19:42 -0500
I'm wanting to put up a tower and beam at my new qth. I'm looking at a US
Tower TX-455 with a Mosley PRO-6-C beam and a Yaesu G-800SDX rotor on top.
I would like all comments good and bad.

1) Will this tower handle this antenna @ one to two ft. above the tower, or
should I go with the HDX-555 tower?
2) Any know problems with the above equipment?
3) Will a 5' x 2" x .18" high carbon steel mast and a thrust bearing handle
this load?
4) Will a 2-ton electric witch handle the load of raising and lowering the
tower?
5) Any other problem I haven't come with?

I have been reading all the "grounding" comments and I'm taking lots of
notes.

Thanks,
John - WM9U
johns@in.net