bracket

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: bracket
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:14:52 -0500 (EST)

>I guess I'm confused about bracket placement. Are those upper and lower
>limits
>or do I have to have 2 brackets on any tower.  I will check my catalog
>again-maybe I just overlooked it. What I'm basically looking at is how high
>can
>I go with a bracket at 15 feet in terms of load.

Dan --

      The bracket placements are not limits.  They are merely those points
that the design engineer picked for mechanical and engineering reasons.
 Obviously you can slide the brackets around and get different values.  Those
are the Rohn factory recommendations and they would like you to follow them.
 Again obviously not everyone can do that.  What I would do is follow the
factory specs as much as possible and as much as practical.  With a one story
house, you can't put up a bracket at 33 feet.  Just do the best job you can;
consult with someone with more experience in engineering or installations;
and be conservative about EVERYTHING.  That way you'll stay out of trouble.

    An engineer can take the Rohn values and calculate your situation.  Tony,
K1KP (a resident TowerTalkian), had an excellent Rohn housebracket article
published in QST a couple of months ago.  Get ahold of a copy of it and
understand it before you do anything.  I'm sorry, I can't put my hands on the
date right the minute but I'm sure someone can provide you with it or even a
copy of the article.

73,  Steve  K7LXC