[TowerTalk] New T2X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New T2X
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:52:04 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-29 11:29:34 EST, csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
writes:

> I just received my new T2X rotor from Norm's and have bench tested it and
>  everything works just fine. I will be installing this within the next week
>  in my Rohn HDBX48 with top thrust bearing. I will be rotating my KLM
KT-34XA
>  Tri-Bander and a small 2M beam. I am installing new 8-wire rotor cable at
>  the same time. The cable run is only about 80ft.
>
>  My question is:  Is there anything else that I should do before installing
>  this new rotor?

      Well, yes.  The T2X will fit but won't rotate in the BX series of
towers without some modifications.  The case ears that stick out on the T2X
are the culprits.  One thing you can try is to bend out the X-braces at the
rotator.  This is from the 'bigger hammer' school of tower construction.  The
other thing that you can do is to remove the rotator shelf and re-install in
upsidedown.  This apparently gives you the clearance you need.  I haven't
tried it personally but this tip comes from Bill, W7TI, and is worth a try.

73,  Steve  K7LXC