[TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:55:19 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-04-02 21:04:31 EST, dick@merlin.libelle.com (Dick
Flanagan) writes:

> Will I have enough room to stack a 2-el 40 meter shorty above the TH11?

      Sounds good to me.

>  What is the minimum distance I need to stack the shorty above the TH11?

     I've seen them stacked with as little as 6-7 feet between them.  The
biggest thing you'll see as they get closer together is that the SWR's will
go up they get closer.  I don't have any idea what's happening to the
pattern.

>  How much room above the shorty do I need to allow for the shorty boom
>  supports?

     My favorite trick with the (stupid) aluminum boom support for the 402CD
is to mount it UNDERNEATH the antenna.  Much easier to install and you can
push the boom up higher than you would otherwise.

73,  Steve  K7LXC