[TowerTalk] 45G top plates/Bite-sized chunks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates/Bite-sized chunks
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:05:15 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-06 00:02:23 EDT, k3lr@telerama.lm.com (k3lr) writes:

> The easy way to limit the 45G + BPL45G load is to put the
>  45G section up first, then haul up the BPL45G top plate.
>  That way the last 45G + BPL45G section isn't so heavy.

    This is an important tower building concept.  ALWAYS break your tower
installation task into the smallest bits that you can.

**  I.e. Put up the 45G section, then the BPL.

**  When installing a guyed  section, pull the guys up separately; not
attached to the section.

**  When installing an antenna, do not bring up the coax attached - use a
pigtail jumper from the feedpoint to the feedline.

     There are many more.

     If you try to do 2 or more steps at once, you'll spend MORE time undoing
and redoing it because something will be in the wrong place, over or under
something it shouldn't be or just plain unmanageable.  The technical name for
this phenomena is called "shooting yourself in the foot".  Avoid at all
times.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

   TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs