[TowerTalk] Rohn 20g

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 20g
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 21:34:44 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-26 15:36:42 EDT, PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov writes:

> Fellow towertalkians I recently came into possession of what appears t o be

> 25g
>  but is too light to be 25g _I'm assuming iit is 20 g.  Any info about its
> use
>  and history will be appreciated

    Rohn 20G is a current product and is compatible with 25G accessories. The
differences are leg material (18 ga. for 20G and 16 ga. for 25G) and less 'z'
bracing (seven horizontals for 20G and 8 horizontals for 25G). That means
that it won't take the stresses that 25G will.

      The factory says that "#20 tower is not recommended for commercial, ham
CB or guyed installations". It was designed for TV antennas so be REAL
careful if you are considering using it for amateur use.

73,  Steve  K7LXC