[TowerTalk] CONNECTORS AND CORROSION

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CONNECTORS AND CORROSION
From: bobwanderer@polyphaser.com (ROBERT A. WANDERER)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 97 09:14:35
     Kelly

     There are a number of moisture barriers on the market.
     Aluminum-based types are NoAlox or Penatrox. We sell a
     copper-based product which is part of our model CCK (Copper
     Cleaning Kit). A moisture barrier is imperative if you are
     dealing with dissimilar metals (e.g. aluminum and copper). While
     overkill for your application, exothermic welding (most folks
     refer to it as Cadweld; which is a trademark of Erico in
     Cleveland, Ohio) is a way of connecting two dissimilar metals
     without necessarily needing a moisture barrier.

     Sincerely and 73,
     Bob Wanderer AA0CY
     Senior Applications Engineer
     PolyPhaser Corp.