[TowerTalk] Beginner Question #2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beginner Question #2
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-06 08:06:39 EDT, n1qqv@cshore.com (Ken Freedman)
writes:

>     While I'm ordering the tower parts, is it worth getting a snap on
>  "work platform" from Rohn?  (I'm not an antique yet, but...)

     IMO the work platform isn't worth the money - $99.00 MSR for the WP25G.
No matter where you put it, it's going to be in the way at some point. OTOH,
if you're planning on spending a lot of time at one spot on the tower, say
working on your wire antennas or something, it might be handy.

>       Also, what features do you look for when buying a climbing belt?  I
>  WILL have experienced climbers put the tower up, but intend to do my share
>  of the work as well as maintain the installation afterward.

     A free reprint of my 3-part series on safety equipment from my "Up The
Tower" column in CQ Contest magazine is available for an SASE. Send to TOWER
TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072. It covers the topic pretty thoroughly.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

   TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs